CEMBUREAU invites you to a webinar - A Circular & Carbon Neutral Europe: The Role of Co-processing – on 18 May at 11am-12:30pm. In order to join, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Co-processing is a process through which the European cement industry replaces fossil fuels by non-recyclable waste and biomass waste. As such, it offers a key opportunity to reduce CO2 emissions from cement production whilst using a fully circular approach to waste. The webinar will focus on promoting the cement industry’s use of co-processing, its benefits for Europe, and what policies are needed to further encourage it. It will provide an interactive, lively & dynamic panel discussion, led by experienced moderator, Katrina Sitchel, and will include the following speakers:
- Sussan Pasuki, Senior Alternative Fuels Manager, HeidelbergCement
- Dr. Renato Sarc, Montan University, Leoben, Austria
- Sigrid Hams, Association for the Secondary Fuels and recycled wood (BGS), Germany
- Peter Wessman, Legal Officer, DG Environment, European Commission
- Koen Coppenholle, CEO of CEMBUREAU
The webinar will aim to provide an informative and factual discussion on:
- How co-processing works and what types of waste streams are covered.
- The benefits and challenges of co-processing.
- The key policy measures, at EU and national level, that can accelerate its use.
We hope you can join us for what will be an engaging and timely discussion!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.