CEMBUREAU, the European Cement Association, is pleased to invite you to its annual event: "Cementing Europe's Future: Driving Innovation Towards Carbon Neutrality".
It is taking place on Tuesday, October 11th, from 10.00 am to 13.00 (CET), at BOZAR in Brussels.
As the European cement industry, we have started our journey towards carbon neutrality by 2050 and published our Carbon Neutrality Roadmap in 2020. More than ever, innovation brought by the energy-intensive industries like cement is crucial both to reduce CO2 emissions, but also to cut our reliance on fossil fuels. A large number of projects are currently being implemented in the EU cement industry, ranging from the circular use of waste to hydrogen and carbon capture technology. But how can we make sure that these are developed at scale? What are the key parameters to create a sustainable business case for such projects to flourish over the coming years? And how can we collectively ensure that the EU preserves its industrial leadership?
This Conference will discuss how policy frameworks can be instrumental in supporting the cement industry’s transformation towards carbon neutrality and showcase the sector’s plans for innovation towards carbon neutrality along its value chain by 2050.
10.00 – Welcome and opening remarks from Isidoro Miranda, CEMBUREAU President
10.05 – Interview with Frans Timmermans, Executive Vice-President of the European Commission
10.20 – Q&A session
10.25 – Panel discussion: A ‘Fitfor55’ Fostering Transition towards Carbon Neutrality
Moderated by David Rose
- Maive Rute, Deputy Director-General at DG Grow, European Commission
- Maria da Graça Carvalho, MEP, EPP, Member of ITRE, European Parliament
- Sergio Menendez, President of Europe, Middle East, Africa & Asia, CEMEX
- Judith Kirton-Darling, Deputy Secretary General, industriAll
- Dr Oliver Sartor, Senior Advisor Industry, Agora Energiewende
11.05 – Q&A session
11.15 – Video: European Cement Industry’s Decarbonation Projects
11.20 – Interview with Joanna Drake, Deputy Director General, DG Research & Innovation, European Commission
11.30 – High-level panel discussion on “Decarbonation and Innovation”
Moderated by David Rose
- Joanna Drake, Deputy Director General, DG Research & Innovation, European Commission
- Marie Godard-Pithon, Performance and Investments Director, Vicat SA
- Tiffany Vass, Energy Analyst, International Energy Agency
11.55 – Closing remarks from Koen Coppenholle, CEMBUREAU CEO
12.00 – Networking lunch
For further information: