Under the patronage of the French National Commission for UNESCO, sponsored by the Academie des sciences and the Academie des technologies, the French cement industry and its main technical association ATILH are happy to invite you to an international scientific symposium. "The Future of Cement" will both celebrate the 200-year anniversary of the discovery of the laws of cement hydraulicity by Louis Vicat and the vitality of an industrial key player in society’s significant evolutions.
Held in the UNESCO building – a major work of concrete architecture in itself - this international symposium offers the opportunity for academic and industrial research staff as well as professionals from the cement industry or from other construction sectors to brush up on cement innovation.
Experts from all over the world will present:
- The evolution of the material through the prisms of engineering, science and architecture
- Promising leads in fundamental research to improve cement composition
- Optimised environmental performances in the industrial process
- First results in collaborative research programs, concerning recycling in particular
- Unusual contributions of concrete to sustainable development
- Other illustrations of the latest evolutions in cement and concrete.