CEMBUREAU – The association of the European Cement Industry, has an exciting full-time opportunity for a dynamic, creative professional to manage and implement the organisation’s communication campaigns, with a focus on social media and public affairs skills. This is a unique opportunity to work for an energy-intensive sector that has high climate ambitions, at a time the world of communications and EU public affairs is rapidly evolving.
- Develop and implement CEMBUREAU’s long-term and short-term communications strategy;
- Oversee the management and maintenance of CEMBUREAU’s online communication channels (website, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) and communication materials (e.g. graphs, videos, imagery);
- Amplify CEMBUREAU’s key messages through sustained social media campaigns;
- Lead on the organisation of key CEMBUREAU events, in particular the association’s yearly large-scale event, and work with the team on the organisation of smaller scale events/webinars;
- Manage relations with the press/media and ensure key messages are well-reflected in relevant publications;
- Support the development of policy messages e.g. messaging document, press releases, etc.
- Support the drafting and fine-tuning of key CEMBUREAU documents (e.g. the association’s yearly activity report).
- Bilingual/Excellent level of English (both spoken and written);
- Excellent understanding of communications and public affairs, and how good content can change real-world outcomes;
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills;
- A good understanding of EU policies and policy-making; a knowledge of EU climate change policy is an asset;
- Being a team player and doing your best work when working with others.
- Master’s degree in public relations/communications, EU affairs or related field;
- At least 3-5 years of experience in communications and/or EU Affairs;
The position is based in Brussels, Belgium.
Please send your CV, together with a short letter of motivation to: Cathy Roeland - firstname.lastname@example.org and Emmanuel Brutin (email@example.com) by COB, 4th October 2021. Please use the subject line “Communications Manager application” in your e-mail when applying.
The European Cement Association based in Brussels is the representative organisation of the cement industry in Europe. Currently, its Full Members are the national cement industry associations and cement companies of the European Union (except for Malta and Slovakia) plus the UK, Norway, Switzerland and Turkey. Croatia and Serbia are Associate Members of CEMBUREAU. A cooperation agreement has been concluded with Vassiliko Cement in Cyprus and the Cement Association of Ukraine. More information is available at www.cembureau.eu.